El Pollo Loco

I was in the mood for El Pollo Loco for lunch yesterday. Don’t ask me why. I just felt like it was time to go back.

So I drove to the El Pollo Loco and ordered the three-piece combo. Oddly, the place was jam-packed. No open tables and the counter was full, too. So I waited by the salsa bar until they called my number, and when I got my food, I scanned the place for empty seats at tables occupied by friendly-looking people.

Being a people person with a lot of experience talking to strangers, I picked a guy in a shirt and tie (like me) sitting alone at a table for two. I walked up and said simply, “Hey, there’s no empty tables, mind if I join you?”

He looked up at me and said, “Fuck off.”

Seriously. I was actually startled by the reaction. I didn’t even respond. I just turned and walked away.

This guy totally crushed my confidence for the day because I went back to the counter and asked them to wrap my order to go. Then I ate the food in my car.

This entry was posted in The Project and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to El Pollo Loco

1. Person says:

Hahaha ouch… he must have been having a real bad day.

2. NoAmbition says:

I understand why you left him alone; who expects such ass-f*ckery from a random stranger? I guess the next level test of your Project is to overcome such hostility and get the person talking anyway …

Have you come up with any witty rejoinders in retrospect?

3. Lobo Alberto says:

Hahaha its a good story, maybe i would have done the same thing that the stranger did!

4. Am elizabeth.martinez and I love el pollo loco i life in casa.grande and we don’t have any pollo loco in this areas i wish we had one at least thank you

5. moreambition says:

i’m actually laughing my ass off at the mental image of this!!

6. jasmine de jesus says:

rude guy……I just hope some one will also do that to him…..If I was that girl I’ll throw my food on his face…..but I understand EL POLLO LOCCO is so good that you can’t just throw it…..I miss pollo locco I’ll have one on pay day….

7. jasmine de jesus says:

I just want to share that EL POLLO LOCCO is so sentimental for me because thats where me and my mommy bond….when she was alive she would take me ell pollo locco and we will eat our favorite chicken and that would be one of the happiest moment of my life before she passed away when she was in the hospital she kept on asking me to bring her out and eat in pollo locco I always kept a bet to her that she needs to drink all her medcine and undergo dialysis first and after we will go to pollo locco once she is discharge.but unfortunately she passed away but the thing here is that she died remembering the taste of el pollo locco….that’s how my mommy really like the chicken in pollo locco because thats where she and my dad always eat when they have a date..so I hope there is el pollo locco in heaven so that they could also have a date in heaven….